So you must have certainly heard it a few times somewhere, when someone mentioned Mercury will be retrograding . What does this really mean for those who are not into astrology? And why should you be remotely into it?
It seems that 3 to 4 times a year our dear Mercury goes into Retrograde which means it rotates backwards. Does it really? NO! Of course not. But it does seem like it, if you were to look into it with a telescope.
Retrograde Effect explained
Say your driving on the freeway and a car speeds by you, you can tell and feel the swoosh rush impact right? that’s mercury retrograding by you. Now say the car slows down and you speed by it, now it looks like the car is going backwards. Finally the car catches up and flies by you with dust storm tosses and a strong rush of wind blowing you away. Naturally if you weren’t expecting this , your thrown off completly , unbalanced and disrupted. Welcome to Retrograde. However, not to worry cause Ive got some helpful tips for you, when the gust of wind passes by and we are all about to experience the impact on earth.
But this effect lasts a good 3 weeks. Being a smaller planet it rotates the sun 3 to 4 times a year because of its orbit being much shorter.
RULES AND DETAILS TO SURVIVE
Mercury is a planet that rules communication (people listening , daily learning, researching tasks,appointments, selling for your business or buying…) & formal contracts so this kind of things can go out of control while retrograde. It can also effect computers in coding, traveling & any means of transport. Although it’s recommended to NOT involve yourself in these things during these periods that happen every so often, we all have our daily life to maintain and mercury clearly doest care nor understand that it’s pretty hard to stop normal life. So here are a few tips on how to survive the haywire coming your way.
TIPS AND GUIDES
- Alright first things first BE PREPARED. Knowing its coming and that you’ll encounter a lot of rescheduling, reorganizing and rearranging will already help you get back on your feet quickly. Back up all your Data for any important files, photos and documents.
- communication is key, any type of appointment , flight confirmation and also be flexible with dates, transaction receipts , any element concerning communication has to be reconfirmed not once but at least 4 times. Yes , really. Messages will be mixed up and won’t come through as usual. Ex: If you have a appointment with a super important client confirm date and time at least 4 times even at the risk of sounding crazy.
- Any form of public speaking, conference, customer service: Pause, Say it in your head before saying it out loud and breathe before speaking. (Even Repeat yourself if needed!)
- Renew your commitments instead of making new ones, reorganize your space, go back and edit certain aspects of your life instead of taking on new projects. Basically finish processing what’s unresolved so you can let it go properly. And on a side note this does not mean go and run back to your ex ladies!
- Plan to re-establish relationships with old friends & loved ones (and yes there will be mishaps) Also Expect to hear from or even run into people from your past at the weirdest moments.
- Try to stay out of any new commitments, don’t say yes right away. Self-reflection is key. There can be several miscommunication and misunderstandings in this period.Take it slowly or read the fine print. If you can wait until after the retrograde is done, do so.
Alright here is the bottom line, think of the retrograde as a quarterly review period, a chance to pause and finish what you’ve started. Also, a chance to tie up those loose ends and create a clear vision for the future. And remember to Keep Calm its only Mercury Retrograding.