Often referred as — the Elixir of the Immortals, MATCHA is not only my new twisted addiction to caffeine but also beneficial and culturally meaningful in many ways.
• Match has one of the highest levels of antioxidants of known “super foods.” -ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) a single cup has more than 5x the antioxidants of blueberries.
• Matcha can also help burn fat, increasing metabolism and promoting weight loss.
• In order To produce matcha, the tea bushes are covered with shades of cloth at least 20 days prior to harvest. This shades the plants from direct sunlight, increasing the levels of chlorophyll.
• It helps you battle halitosisMatcha also contains a high amount of chlorophyll, which has detoxing properties. The tea in its purest for will detox your digestive track, and having a clean, healthy digestive process avoids having bad breath.
• Matcha creates a calm alertness thanks to L-Theanine.
• Samurai used to drink Matcha tea before going into battle due to its energizing properties
.• The JAPANESE have been drinking Matcha for more than 800 years.